Have you ever looked at the job description for a social media manager? Here are the typical requests:
- Must have experience in all social media platforms
- Must have photography experience
- Must have video and editing experience
- Must have a flexible work schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends
- Must understand SEO principles
- Must have a keen eye for design and expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PremierPro
- Must use Canva
Guys, you don’t need a social media manager. You need a Marketing and PR team. You need a TEAM of experts that know how to do everything above with the exception of one of the things above that shall remain vaguely unmentioned here (one of these things is not like the other). You need someone who knows about branding and messaging continuity.
So without much further ado, here is a top ten list of reasons you should hire SAM+PR (or another reputable firm) rather than a social media coordinator.
- Expertise Across Multiple Channels: A Marketing Team is just that. It’s a collective team of precisely honed skills on multiple platforms not limited to social media, but also web development with SEO (search engine optimization), email marketing, and digital advertising (like Google and Facebook ads).
- Holistic Strategy Development: A GOOD Marketing and PR Firm knows that your brand and messaging needs to be cohesive across the board-not just on social media, but also on your website, in your emails, and in other forms of digital and print media. We do this to ensure all of your marketing efforts are in alignment.
- Access to Advanced Tools and Technologies: We understand that just about anyone can create content on Canva, but that content often cannot be replicated beyond social media. We have access to and are experts in advanced tools and technologies. Not only that, but we pay for those technologies-not you. See where I’m going with this?
- Professional Campaign Management: With access to all those advanced tools and technologies, we also come armed with the ability to read the analytics and decipher what’s working (and what’s not). Our team meets regularly to analyze our clients’ campaigns to ensure everything is staying on track.
- Diverse Skill Set: Our team is armed with BAs in Marketing and PR, BFAs in Film and Television, experts in Web Development and SEO strategies, Graphic Design aficionados, social media savants, and special event planning and management ninjas.
- Scalability: Sam+PR can handle any business at any stage of development. We excel in helping startups get off the ground, and we shine helping mature businesses thrive in an ever-changing digital world.
- Industry Insights and Trends: We continually research marketing and social media trends to make sure our clients stay relevant with fresh content and appeal.
- Cost-Efficiency: While hiring a Marketing and PR firm involves costs, it can be more cost-effective than hiring individual specialists for each aspect of marketing. Firms provide a bundled service that often proves more economical than managing multiple hires.
- Objective Third-Party Perspective: You are our client. We are not your employees. While that may seem it might rub your ego the wrong way, it actually provides you with an external and unbiased perspective of what you can do to improve your social media reach and meet your digital marketing goals.
- Proven Track Record: We don’t just have references or a portfolio. We have active projects that you can see and track in real time, testimonials from past clients, Google Reviews, and our own social media presence.
- IT IS WAY CHEAPER. I cannot stress enough the efficiency of a qualified Marketing and PR firm. A social media marketing coordinator is often paid hourly at a rate of around $20 per hour. A full time social media coordinator will cost you over $3000 per month (plus benefits and payroll taxes…) Don’t get me wrong, they deserve every single penny and more. It is a stressful job for any one person to juggle.
Are you ready to elevate your digital marketing? Choose SAM+PR for a holistic approach that goes beyond expectations.